Today was a pretty uneventful day. I still didn’t feel well so we tracked down a covid test, they were handing them out free at the local library. It was negative, matching my mood. I literally just hung on the coast while Kari did a hike. Once again, life wasn’t that bad, here was my perch:
Here are some shots from Kari's hike. Those coastal trails...
I haven’t mentioned the lighthouses much, but they are everywhere. They’re beautiful, many are similar in style, the one below was a little different. We also learned a little lighthouse trivia. I always just assumed they blinked away randomly. But no, each one has a unique blinking pattern kind of like morse code. Ships carry a key and are able to identify their location by the pattern of blinking. It was a Mr Obvious moment for the midwestern landlubbers:)
We found a cool sounding family owned seafood joint for dinner, parked, and walked in. We immediately knew we were outta place. We’d crashed a wedding reception. Although I thought about staying and seeing if we could fake our way through some free food, discretion proved the better part of valor and we headed down the road to another joint called Georgie's.
A successful ending to a rather pedestrian day.









No comments:
Post a Comment