Tuesday, August 15

Today started a little rainy. For whatever reason we were feeling a little lazy, and it became a full day with Shirley. Kari did some knitting, cooking, and listened to her book. I did a few podcasts, some reading, and did a hike in the park. No coast (ocean coast) on this hike but it did include a beautiful lake. Huge stands of birch trees, thick ferns, and some of the most unusual foliage I've seen.





I also did a little reorganization of stuff inside Shirley, I'm kinda anal that way ya know. While doing so I was reminded of a comment I made years ago to our best buddy Mary Ann Payne. Mary Ann and Dave introduced us to backpacking, they were kind enough to take us on a five night trip into Glacier NP. We were a few days in and I was lamenting that in spite of the fact that I had so few things with me, I could never find anything in my pack. For whatever reason it cracked MAP up, and we've laughed about it ever since. We love MAP and Dave, they're two of our best friends, and we share several decades of memories. It was a highlight of the day to have that random memory pop into my addled brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment