Monday, July 31

We started the day with a Tina Turner playlist. There’s nothing like “What’s Love Got To Do With It” to put you in a good mood. It’s right up there with Marvin Gaye’s “What’s Goin On”, and Burna Boy’s “Time Flies” for feel good songs that instantly put you in a good place. Tina is another legend we’ve now lost. A smart, talented, gutsy lady who left quite a mark.


Kari made blueberry pancakes with maple syrup and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Love that lady:)


On a random note, perhaps the highlight of the Canadian culinary scene for me are Lays ketchup flavored chips. Kari’s brother first turned me on to them at his lake place in Ontario years ago. I’m sure they’re available in the states but I never see them, so I’m gonna take every opportunity to gorge on them while I can. Six more weeks!



We did a great hike, the Acadian Trail. It was about six miles, a decent uphill stretch with amazing views along the ridge. A really great afternoon.





These red Adirondack chairs are a thing in Canada. They're placed in "hidden" places within national parks that have amazing views, there are over four hundred now coast to coast. We've found our share.


We had dinner with Shirley in our camper hood. It was another wonderful Kari concoction, smoked salmon chowder with local salmon. There was a really nice wind afoot this evening-cool, blustery, thick with a pine scent. And it was twenty degrees cooler than home:)

1 comment: